Monday, May 17, 2010

I will tell you things.

What should I tell you about Turkey? Should I paint you a picture of sweeping pebble beaches, of turquoise seas and lush green forest? Of cavernous churches cut into rock and of moonscape valleys viewed on horseback? Should I reconstruct two weeks with eloquent words in flowing sentences, take you back there with me to see, smell and touch?

Should I tell you of the open road, winding and dipping, our constant companion? Or of muscles aching from the descent, the ascent and of the breeze through my hair?

I will tell you of all these things, without keyboard or careful construction. I will swear too much, mispronounce and mix up. I'll be clumsy as I recount adventures of day and night.


So many seas, so many beds, such a journey.


I will tell you of all these things. If you let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment